Get rid of your toothache. Call now for gentle root canal treatment in Wauwatosa, WI.
The pulp chamber in your teeth holds nerve tissue, blood vessels, and other connective tissues, which help your teeth grow during development. An infection in this chamber (pulpitis) causes an abscessed tooth and requires urgent care to prevent tooth loss and other oral health problems.
The procedure for treating this infection is known as root canal therapy or endodontic treatment. The treatment is an effective, safe, and speedy method of preserving the appearance of your smile. It’s also a quick way to end the often-severe pain caused by an abscessed tooth.
At Firefly Family Dentistry, we provide endodontic therapy for patients with pulpitis in the Wauwatosa, WI, area. We take care of the infected tooth to bring you comfort. Our compassionate approach helps allay any fears you may have about the procedure. Book an appointment now for a quick remedy that will help you prevent tooth loss.
Who Is a Candidate for a Root Canal?
You may qualify for endodontic treatment if you currently experience any of the symptoms below:
- Tender or swollen gums
- Sensitivity to hot and cold substances
- Constant throbbing tooth pain
- A tooth that is painful to touch
- Visible damage in any tooth
If you have any (or a combination) of these symptoms, you need to book an appointment quickly. A consultation session with Dr. Matthew Sandberg will give you a conclusive diagnosis of your oral health.
What Are the Common Causes of Pulpitis?
Some of the common causes of pulpitis include:
- Nerve damage in the teeth due to physical trauma
- Deep recurrent tooth decay or significant cavities
- Nerve damage from a sinus infection
- Sensitivity due to nerve damage
- Extremely poor oral hygiene
Any of the above can lead to pulpitis, leaving you in need of root canal treatment.
Our Root Canal Treatment Process
At Firefly Family Dentistry, we try to make the root canal process as comfortable as possible for our clients. The different stages of the treatment include:
- An X-ray to confirm the diagnosis
- Application of local anesthetic to numb the affected tooth
- Removal of the decay and damaged tooth pulp using endodontic equipment
- Cleaning of the canal to remove debris and infection
- Sealing of the canal with filling material to prevent recurrent infection
- Installation of temporary filling in preparation of a permanent crown
Avoid Tooth Extraction or Root Canal Retreatments
If you’d like to avoid tooth extraction due to an infected pulp or repeat root canals, get in touch with us quickly. At Firefly Family Dentistry, our endodontists deliver one-time treatment for pulp diseases and injuries. We are among the top names for root canal procedures in the Wauwatosa, WI, area. Call us today at 414-348-4192 to book an appointment.