Take the best care you possibly can of your smile. Reach out to the team at Firefly Family Dentistry today for the highest-rated dental cleanings & exams in Wauwatosa, WI. Call now!
The most basic dental care appointments might be the most necessary. Getting biannual dental cleanings and exams provide a strong base for your oral hygiene while. These visits also allow dentists like Dr. Matthew Sandberg and Dr. Thomas Sircher in Wauwatosa, WI, to catch periodontal disease, plaque and tartar buildup, and other oral health issues before they become more significant and challenging to treat.
Regardless of how rigorously you brush and floss at home, tartar will begin to form on your teeth in places a brush or piece of floss can’t reach. A professional exam and cleaning will resolve these issues. Gum disease can set in before you notice you have a problem, and coming in for dental cleanings and exams will allow us to nip these problems in the bud, indirectly saving you money down the line.
The Importance of Regular Cleaning
After your exam, one of our experienced hygienists will clean your teeth. This process removes plaque and tartar, reducing your risk of developing decay and periodontal disease. Professional cleanings are necessary, as the natural accumulation of plaque and tartar will weaken your gums, making them more susceptible to disease and infection.
Some of the benefits of routine dental cleanings and exams include:
- Reducing the odor-causing bacteria in your mouth
- Preventing tooth loss and gum disease
- Reducing your risk for cavities
- Catching severe dental problems like oral cancers before they grow
What to Expect From Dental Cleanings & Exams
Routine dental exams don’t take long at all. We’ll have you in and out of our office within 45 minutes, typically. Cleaning might take a little longer but is integral to keeping a healthy smile for years to come.
When you visit the office of Dr. Sandberg and Dr. Sircher for a cleaning, you can expect the following:
- Our dental hygienist will use dental tools to remove tartar and plaque from your teeth. The process is gentle and ensures maximum comfort for our patients. This process cleans more deeply than any toothbrush, and such a deep clean is necessary to remove any buildup on your teeth.
- If you have above-average accumulations of tartar, we’ll use professional-grade ultrasonic machines to remove everything.
- After tartar removal, your hygienist will polish your teeth, shoring up the removal process. Overall, this gives patients a brighter, complete smile.
When Dr. Sandberg and Dr. Sircher perform dental exams, he will often use comfortable digital scans to check for any signs of oral cancers forming in his patients’ mouths. This is his opportunity to stop oral problems in their tracks. Depending on the level of plaque and tartar in your mouth, he might suggest dental sealants, crowns, or bridges to better promote your oral health going forward.
The Best Dental Cleanings & Exams in Wauwatosa, WI
Whether you’re ready for your biannual cleaning or it’s been a while, give our team at Firefly Family Dentistry in Wauwatosa, WI, a call today at (414) 258-8190 or book an appointment using the scheduling tool on our site. There’s never a wrong time to get your oral health back on track.