Reliable dental bridge treatments from your trusted dentist in Wauwatosa, WI.
Are you worried about the gaps in your smile? Has tooth loss affected your personality? Dental bridges can fill those gaps and restore your confidence.
At Firefly Family Dentistry, we have transformed the oral health of many satisfied patients in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, and surrounding areas using dental bridges.
Dr. Matthew Sandberg and Dr. Thomas Sircher deploy time-tested care techniques to find the best options for you.
Call us at 414-348-4192 to book an appointment today.
What Are Dental Bridges?
A dental bridge is a prosthetic tooth featuring dental crowns on both sides. The prosthetic tooth plugs the tooth gap while the dental crowns cover the teeth surrounding the gap (abutment teeth). Dental bridges are undetectable after the procedure because we make sure they match your natural teeth.
The ideal candidates for a dental bridge are missing up to three consecutive teeth. However, the adjacent teeth around the gap area need to be healthy enough to support the bridge. People with certain oral health conditions such as gum disease may require other procedures to correct the existing problems before installing dental bridges.
What Is the Difference Between a Dental Bridge and an Implant?
Dentists surgically place implants in your jawbone. They are a viable option when replacing one missing tooth. The jawbone needs to be healthy for an implant procedure.
On the other hand, a dental bridge is a less invasive but equally effective method of replacing missing teeth. It’s an option when the jawbone isn’t strong enough to support the demands of multiple implants.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges do more than give you a confident smile. Dental bridges also offer the following benefits:
- Realigned bite. Dental bridges can prevent jawbone damage by correcting your bite and strengthening your chewing ability.
- Improved speech. Missing teeth will affect your speech. Dental bridges ensure you can speak more clearly.
- Enhanced oral health. Dental bridges reduce the risk of oral health problems such as bone loss, periodontal disease, and tooth decay. The procedure will improve your oral hygiene.
- Reduced risk of tooth movement. Tooth replacement will keep your surrounding teeth from shifting and causing temporomandibular disorder (TMD).
- Improved facial support. Replacing missing teeth pushes your lips and cheeks back into their natural position.
- Long-lasting results. Dental bridges can last more than ten years with proper aftercare and regular checkups.
How Long Will a Procedure Take?
At Firefly Family Dentistry, we can complete a dental bridge procedure in less than two weeks. The exact duration comes down to your oral characteristics. We’ll give you a definitive answer during our initial consultations. We’ll provide you with a temporary replacement during your first visit, which we’ll swap out for custom-made permanent bridges by your next appointment.
Schedule a Consultation Today
At Firefly Family Dentistry, we provide personalized and compassionate dental care to all our clients in Wauwatosa, WI. Let’s give you a perfect smile and improve your oral health with our dental bridge solutions. Contact our office at 414-348-4192 to book an appointment today.