We are excited to welcome you to your appointment at Firefly Family Dentistry! We have implemented many new policies and procedures not only to keep everyone save and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic but to also provide you with the highest quality care possible.
Sterilization and PPE: We have been closely following recommendations by the CDC, OSHA, American Dental Association®, Wisconsin Dental Association and the Wisconsin Health Department to make sure our already extremely high sterilization and PPE policies protect both our team and patients to the greatest extent possible from not only COVID-19 but any viruses, bacteria, disease or illness. New protocols and policies we have implemented include:
- All staff will have their temperatures taken every morning prior to treatment of any patients.
- All providers will be wearing N95 or equivalent respirators with a face mask over the respirator, eye protection, face shields, gloves, and fresh gowns or scrubs for each aerosol-generating appointment.
- All staff will be wearing masks at all times.
- Our front desk has protective plexiglass shields.
- Extra time has been provided between patients’ appointments. This significantly limits the number of patients we treat in a day, lowering the number of individuals in the building as well as allowing extra time for additional disinfection procedures.
- Commonly touched items throughout the office such as door handles and countertops will be disinfected multiple times throughout the day.
- Individual air purifiers with HEPA filters as well as UV light filters have been added to each treatment room, our sterilization center and lobby area.
- A UV light filtration system has been installed on the office furnace system.
- As always, all rooms and equipment are sterilized or disinfected to the highest standards.
Patient Screening: We will be taking temperatures of all patients. If your temperate is over 100 degrees, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment. If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID, we ask that you call us at 414-258-8190 to reschedule your appointment.
Masks: All patients entering the office will be required to wear face masks.
Arrival:Our waiting room is currently closed. We ask you to wait in your car and give us a call or text when you arrive. We will let you know if we are ready to have you come into the office or wait just a bit longer in your car. We are doing this to limit the number of patients in the office at one time. Exceptions will be made for patients who are dropped off or use public transportation.
Paperless and Contactless With Our Administrative Staff:We are going completely paperless! All forms are now available online to fill out prior to your appointment. If we have asked you to fill out paperwork, please complete it prior to arriving at your appointment.
Payments: We will be collecting credit card information from all patients prior to your appointment. We will do our best to provide you with an estimate if there is a cost prior to your appointment or during your appointment. As always, this is an estimate and not a guarantee. If you wish to pay by cash or check, please bring it to your appointment. We will collect your form of payment on the same day as your appointment.
Appointment Guests: To limit the number of patients in the office at one time, we ask you to please come to your appointments alone. Exceptions will be one parent can accompany one child in the office or one caregiver can accompany a patient due to age, disability, etc. Unfortunately, we can no longer allow multiple family members to come to an appointment at one time.
Appointment: When you arrive, you will be taken directly to your operatory instead of waiting in our lobby. Your dental appointment will be the same quality treatment we always provide.
While things may be a little different for the time being, we are thrilled to be available for your dental needs! We look forward to seeing you soon!