Do you know why your dentist tells you some foods are bad for your teeth? If not, this blog is for you! There are many foods that can be a hazard to your oral health and can damage your teeth. As a result, it is essential to understand why you should avoid these foods to protect your oral health.
Our dentist, Dr. Matthew Sandberg, is happy to help you protect your oral health. That is why our team at Firefly Family Dentistry in Wauwatosa , Wisconsin, is happy to share with you some foods that are unhealthy for your teeth.
Here is a list of unhealthy foods for your oral health:
– Chewy treats like gummy foods loiter in your mouth long after you eat them because they cling to your teeth and can deteriorate your tooth enamel.
– Sugary foods and drinks can eat through your tooth enamel causing them to decay rapidly, which is why it’s best to avoid sugary foods and beverages.
– Hard candies like lollipops, candy canes or jawbreakers are well known to chip and crack your teeth and stick to your tooth enamel increasing the risk of cavities and gum disease.
– Small popcorn kernels and popcorn balls can not only damage your teeth but can become lodged between your teeth or deep in your gums causing a toothache or cavity.
– Sour candy is exceptionally unhealthy because it is almost the exact same in acidity levels as car battery acid and very dangerous to your teeth.
As you can see, there are very solid reasons for avoiding these foods to preserve your oral health. If you have questions about your oral health, please call us today at 414-258-8190 to make an appointment. Our team is happy to schedule you a consultation to review the status of your oral health.